Medicare Insurance and Rx Plans
Signing up for a Medicare insurance and Rx Plan can be a bit daunting at first glance.
From day one, we will become your advocate. Educating clients on the different types of Medicare insurance and Rx plans available and finding the right fit, is what raises us above all other brokers. Not only will we find the right fit the first time, but we will reassess your needs on a yearly basis or as your needs change. We all know that our needs today might not be the same as tomorrow’s.
As Independent Insurance Brokers, we proudly represent all companies in Connecticut. By being independent we can shop and choose the best plan amongst all companies. If you have any questions concerning Medicare insurance and Rx plans, we will be glad to provide an in-home consultation at no obligation or cost to you!
An Overview of the Plans Offered:
Medicare Advantage Plans
- Help pay for hospital costs, doctor’s visits, and other medical services.
- May also include built-in Medicare prescription drug coverage (Part D) often at no additional premium.
- Have an out-of-pocket maximum that helps limit health care expenses.
- Typically provide additional benefits, like health and wellness benefits, that Original Medicare doesn’t cover.
- Have plan premiums not based on age or health.
- Combine all benefits and services in one plan.
- Come in several different forms:
- Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs)
- Preferred Provider Organizations (PPOs)
- Point of Service (POS)
Guiding you to the plan that best meets your unique needs is our goal!
Medicare Part D Rx Plans
Medicare Part D Rx Plans help cover the cost of the member’s prescription drugs. Here are some of the main features of a Part D Rx plan:
- Provide help with the cost of prescription medications.
- Are only offered through private insurance companies.
- Are usually offered two ways:
- As a standalone plan to add coverage to Original Medicare Parts A and B and to complement a Medicare Supplement plan.
- As part of a Medicare Advantage (Part C) Plan.
- Have a specific list of approved drugs they cover (called a formulary or drug list).
Medicare Supplement Plans
Medicare Supplement plans (also called Medigap) are private health insurance specifically designed to supplement and work only with Original Medicare. Here are the main features these plans offer:
- Help reduce or eliminate money paid out of pocket for care received (deductibles, copayments and coinsurance).
- Standardized plans that are identified by letters – A through N. Are only offered through private insurance companies.
Let’s have a Medicare Insurance and Rx plan talk today. »